Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spare tire carrier idea

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, Jun 20, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

2. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

I am not sure if that would be legal or not. From the looks of where the tire sits, it covers the sticker showing date of registration. That means lots of pull-overs, especially for those poor guys in Texas, where it seems the cops hate lifted trucks. [​IMG] The tire in the pic is a 33", with a 35" it would cover even more of the plate. So far, I think the best idea is the J**P one, bolted to the right side of the bumper. Here is the link: http://www.4x4products.com/ol014.htm The really cool ones are have the tire, two jerry cans on each side, and a rack across the top. A lot of the J**P guys around here run them; I think they are from CJ-7s. I am trying to find out if they will fit a Jimmy. I will post what I find out. I am sure they are spendy...[​IMG] Sorry for the book.

3. JDELBLAZ

JDELBLAZ 1/2 ton status

if you think thats nice you shold see the one im having built for my truck the bumper and tire its all custom my design had a freind who has a fab shop build it and my bro in law is painting it when it is on next week ill send pics

4. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

That's great, I can't wait to see pics! Was this project expensive? I don't know how to weld myself, nor am I lucky enough to know someone who owns a shop. So, I would have to pay retail. (sigh) The KMA ones are sweet, but $800 is way too much money for me.

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Actually it would be alright here in Texas because a few years ago they started putting the stickers on the windshield instead of the license plate

6. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    WHO THE HECK IS PAYING $800 FOR A KMA!?!?!?!?! I paid less than $800 for a Custom Front one & the rear !!!!!

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez