Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spare tire carriers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by psscott, Jun 27, 2000.

1. psscott

psscott Newbie

Hi Guys,
    I'm trying to get some feedback on a tire carrier I designed and had built. I'm getting quotes from some shops to have a number of them built.
    Pictures can be seen at http://scotty.coloradok5.com
    let me know what you think.

Steve

2. Eric

Eric Registered Member

Tire carrier looks great. Like how it sits close to the rig and also how its centered. Very interested in purchasing one for my 86K5, let me know the price so we can talk.

How easy is the mounting, is it to the frame or just the bumper? Any welding or drilling required?

Thanks...
    Eric

One eyed super fly- watch out!
    86 K5 Blazer

3. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Great design, but incorporate some kind of electric winch to lift a 35x15.50 SS TSL back up into place without breaking your back, or the wife having to stop a stranger in a passing vehicle for help! My spare weighs in at 85 lbs of just rubber... add to that a 15 lb rim, and 15 lbs of metal and you have a heck of a dead lift. Looks real good tho!

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Lets Go Wheelin! </font color=red>

4. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

really cool, but any bigger tire size and it would cover the license plate.

Bigger is Better
    Cameron Burnett
    82 Jimmy

5. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I like the idea of not having to drill holes into the body. Its a great design! I'd just have to re-mount the license plate off to the side or on the spare itself. Anyways, I think if you're rugged enough to drive a K5 in the first place, you should be able to dead lift a hundred pounds =) Keep the cost under $100 and you're in business!! later

BLAZE IT UP!!!

6. OhioJimmy

OhioJimmy Registered Member

Looks great, one question does it vibrate or rattle, I ride on alot of bumpy gravel roads. I'd be interested in one if the price is right.

If you say you haven't been stuck you're lying or was it you'll go blind, hmm

7. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Like it alot, would be interested. Keep us informed.

thanks
    Doug

8. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Tire carrier looks great, the only problem is that these free pages are for personal use only, since you are selling a product, I will have to ask you to please remove your pricing information. I would be more than happy to set up a vendor page for you (http://coloradok5.com/vendor.htm) this will help keep ColoradoK5.com FREE for everyone and gain you maximum traffic to your product.

Steve