Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spare tire holder?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cutestkitten11, Aug 21, 2005.

1. cutestkitten11

cutestkitten11 Newbie

hello i am new on here and have a question that i hope someone can help me out with. i bought my 82 blazer about a month ago and it did not have a spare tire holder (rack). now i have seen some pics of some blazers (same year) that have a rack by the wheel well. some pics of other blazers do not have a rack, the tire is just laying in the back. so i am hoping that someone can guide me as to whether or not all of them had a place to put the tire or there was no place for the tire. if any of you have a pic of your spare tire rack i would greatly appreciate it. :)

Jenn

2. GEORGIA GABE

GEORGIA GABE 1/2 ton status

do a search for spare tire and you should find a ton of info. Alot of the people on here have oversize tires and the factory spare mount will not work. so heres what mine looks like.

gabe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. RampageFSJ

RampageFSJ 1/2 ton status

Hate to butt in, but why does that blazer look so cool to me :dunno: ? Could I see some specs?

4. 4wheelin4Jesus

4wheelin4Jesus 1/2 ton status

some blazeres had them mounted on the wheel well, and some mounted to the back of the rear seat. The majority of the pics that you will get off of this site are custom jobs. Not too many of us use the stock spare tire locations on our rigs. The main reason is that we have bigger tires, and you cant mount a spare that has a big tire on it in those two locations. That is why you will mainly see spare tire carriers on the back of bumpers, roof racks, or with the spare tire sitting in the back. If you use a stock sized tire, you can pick up the spare tire mounts for the wheel well, or behind the seat at any junk yard, or buy it new from www.lmctruck.com . I hope this helps.
    God Bless,
    Mike

5. GEORGIA GABE

if your looking for a wheel well mount rack, check first and make sure that you have the mounting holes in the wheel well and on the floor. if you do I have one that I dont use anymore. Ill look for it today
    gabe :D

6. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

seems like that would be hard as hell to lift up, I know those big tires gotta weigh a sh*&load. :confused:

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] [​IMG] This is the slickest design I've seen.

8. GEORGIA GABE

It actually isnt bad. The best thing about it is when it is in the down position it acts like a step to get into the back.
    gabe :D