Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spare tire problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazing86, Aug 7, 2001.

1. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

i am running 8 lug rear and 6 lug front right now. I am going to tellico in a few days and am tight on cash. Is there a way to mount a tire on a wheel on the trail? If not any other ideas if i get a flat?

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

The easy idea is to bring 2 spairs. Or one spair and bring another friend who has the same bolt pattern as the other spair you need. It would be tough to mount a tire on the trail.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, I agree, mounting on the trail would be a pain in the butt. 2 spares would be the way to go. I asked a similar question a while ago, thinking of 8 to 6 lug adapters or vice versa, and found the best solution is the most space consuming one; carry two spares...

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **I need a house. Friggin realtor went and sold mine.**

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I think an 8-&gt; 6 conversion if they make one is better than a 6-&gt;8. The reason behind this thinking is that your 8 is probably mounted to a 14 FF, which can take the stress of having a wheel that is now 1 inch more off set than stock.. And of course, we wont go into the durability fo your 10 bolt. :)