Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spare tire question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by huggerk5, Aug 16, 2001.

1. huggerk5

huggerk5 Registered Member

Will factory spare tire mount handle 35" tire and if so any idea where I can find one?

Just found this sight--Great! noticed also the post reffering to Can-back tops. Any updates and for who ever. I want one.

2. EricM

EricM Registered Member

If you are talking about the inside tire mount that goes behind the seat I would say no. I couldn't fit a 33" on mine.

EricM.

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Even the factory or dealer installed outside mounted tire carriers are a little wimpy.I got one with a 33" tire on it and It really bounces around on the highway and rough roads.I'm looking for someone to weld me up a custom job.Talked to the guy at S.E.C. but he wanted about $450.00 for one.That's a little expensive for me,although everyone on the board says he makes quality stuff.

I'm the one takeing names for the Can-Bac top.The guy I've been talking to at Can-Bac says things won't be ready untill at least..ah heck here is the e-mail he sent me.
    <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

To: "Bob.Knight" &lt;blazbk@excite.com&gt;
    Subject: Re: progress on 1st gen Blazer top

Bob; The answers to the questions are pretty easy at this point. 1. Pictures,
    No. 2. Availability, Sept/Oct, although more like Oct. 3. Pricing, No. We'll
    try our best to get these answered soon for you. Sincerely, Dick L.

Bob.Knight wrote:

&gt; Dick,
    &gt; Just wondering how the progress is going with the 1st gen.Blazer top.Do you
    &gt; have any pic's you might be able to send me so I can wet the taste buds of
    &gt; the now 35 possible orders from my fellow CK5 members.Can you give me any
    &gt; estimets or a time table that the top may be ready.Have you set a price
    &gt; yet?Can you give me a ballpark price.Any concrete info. you can give me will
    &gt; help.Thanks,Bob.Knight

<hr></blockquote>

<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>

4. huggerk5

huggerk5 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I am not going to drill holes in my body for a spare mount. I have checked into the mount you are talking about and am considering the mount for factory bumper. A little pricey in my opinion. I also e-mailed Can-Back and just received response same as yours aking to e-mail back late Sept. and I will do and I am excited about this.