Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spare tire

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jayccb1, Feb 7, 2004.

1. jayccb1

jayccb1 Registered Member

I was reading in a magazine that they are working on a swing out bar for the blazers, could a bronco set up work or is there something really different between these two trucks that would prevent this? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

A Bronco set up might work, but I would not want my full size spare hanging off of sheet metal.

Just do the bumper with the mount on there. These are available now.

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have a swing away that was mounted on my 87. Mounted to the sheetmetal. On the bottom, under the tail light, It pulled the quarter panel out and away from the tailgate.. I am putting it on my 76, but will reinforce the lower mount somehow. That was with a stock 31x10.5 on it.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I saw in a jc whitney for jeeps that came in mail a while back, a tire carrier that slides into your receiver hitch. this would suck to hafta always remove to get into tailgate, but it wouldn't be on sheetmetal and is cheaper for some of us .

5. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

I got one mounts on the inside behind the back seat and bolts to the wheel well the tire sits kinda sideways but it holds it there good my 35 that is not sure where to get one though mine came in the truck I guess i just got lucky there.

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

You could put it on the hood like the old land cruisers! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You could put it on the hood like the old land cruisers! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Or directly in FRONT of the radiater, like the old "camper specials" /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I think i might get a bumper mounted one for the next truck. Something a little meatier.

8. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I just strap mine to the roof rack.. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif