Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spark Plug adventures of a 3rd kind

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jakeslim, Apr 3, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

-Went to Kragen- guy gives me the Autolites 143's
    -I went back to a closer Kragen to return these and ask for the R43's, Don't have them, but he as R43t's.
    -I ask what the "t" is for. He says "i don't know" and calls another place. Starts to chat with the other guy about a dirt bike. I say "f" this and get a refund outright.
    -Go to Autozone- End up getting Champions....

hope these are ok.

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I ask what the "t" is for. He says "i don't know" and calls another place. Starts to chat with the other guy about a dirt bike.

[/ QUOTE ]

People like that should be fired. Theres not alot of things in the world that pee me off, but people like that do /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif You should call in and complain about there staff to the manager /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

I belive the "t" stands for tapered seat(as opposed to gasketed)

4. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

yes "t" is for tapered seat.

Like a CR43TS

C= Commercial
    R= Resistor
    4= 14mm thread
    3= Heat range
    T= taperd seat
    S= I believe S is for extended electrode can't remember...

Chris

5. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

As a parts guy I can relate to how alot of the guys in the business are just A$$ Holes. I see that stuff all the time and I can't stand it either. That's why I treat people the same way I want to be treated when I go into a parts center. What I hate the worst, especially at checkers or autozone etc. The parts guy is helping you and the then the phone rings, and they stop helping you to look up a part for the phone customer. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif It should be first come first serve, you are already helping me F@#k the phone and put them on hold. They did not wait in line for 20 min. just for you to tell them you don't know how to look up that part. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif By the way did I say I hate checkers!! /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

6. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Well what's funny is that the Autozone i ended up going to is the worst for getting help. They hired some goons that had got laid off from Pepboys and these guys are idiots(literally)

I am liking the Champion plugs though. Not one of the old plugs was fouled either...always good to see /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif New plugs always seem to make the engine run better, even if your older ones are not fouled or anything. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif