Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spark plug brands

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, Jul 22, 2005.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

AC delco R45TS spark plugs are correct for my truck.
    the local hillbilly Advanced auto sold me Autolite 685 plugs and told me the same thing. after comparing them to the correct ones that are in the truck now, my new autolites look a little different (the threads go further and the ceramic part is shorter). So how do I correctly cross reference them? Will the new autolites work in my truck, or do I need to go back to town and swap them in on the AD delco's that I know are correct?

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I'd go swap them for AC's. I try and only use AC's and NGK's.... They seem to work the best.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I like autolite plugs and use them if I cant get AC Delcos on sale. But I usually use #145s. They are a heavy duty plug.
    I looked up that number he gave you and I saw it listed as a light duty OEM plug for your Sub with California (Smog) application gapped at .060.
    I think I would take them back and get some AC delcos. Make sure the hillbilly gives you the right # :D
    http://www.autolite.com/products/ You can look up the plugs in their cataloug

4. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

when to hillbilly, swapped for the correct AC Delco plugs. The truck runs SO much better now. the old plugs had doo doo on the electrodes :crazy:

5. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i like the champion truck plugs. they seem to work pretty good in my 350. but, i havn't really used anything else.

6. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

champions been living off their name for years... put one next to an AC, they look cheap...

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Rumor has it that autolite is, and has been for awhile, making NGK's plugs and Delco's as well.

I won't suggest it's fact, but wouldn't be surprising. Delco has been trying to save money on their parts for years. (although you can't tell by pricing usually)

Haven't been able to find anything authoritative on the subject so far.

Last set of 8 autolites I bought, 2 were bad out of the box, but as fragile as plugs are, just dropping the package during shipping could have caused that.