Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spark Plug Wires - Did A Search, No Find -------

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BEHJR, Mar 25, 2004.

1. BEHJR

BEHJR 1/2 ton status

Been having a little sputter in the engine of the 75 K5. Rebuilt the carb and new plugs. Still there. Am beginning to suspect plug wires. What brands are good and what do you recommend and where to get them.

TIA

BH. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I got some bosch wires and they work great for me. Autozone had them for I THINK $35 but im not sure.

Nick

3. 4x4mike

4x4mike Registered Member

I too have gone with the Auto Zone plugs. I think that they also have some Nascar endorsed wires but I don't think that they offer much more. Another wire to look into would be the MSD 8mm.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I run MSD super conductor wires. 8.5mm and very low resistence. They are more expensive (paid $60) but they are lasting very well and work well too.

I have run the Borg Warner Nascar Selects also and they are ok wire too. There resistence is lower then most standard spark plug wires.

Harley

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I run MSD super conductor wires. 8.5mm and very low resistence. They are more expensive (paid $60) but they are lasting very well and work well too.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Those are the same wires I got, I got the custom length ones, wasnt too hard to do em up, took maybe an hr to measure, cut, make, install.

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Mine were premade cut to length. There is an application for 85-95 HEI trucks. They are like $20 cheaper then cut to fit. They don't turn out as clean on the install though since you can't make them exact.

Harley

7. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I've had the same set of Accel 8.8mm wires on my truck for about 4 years now. Performance has been flawless. I paid around $45 for them from Jegs. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

There are a lot of good quality wires out there. Just make sure you go with 8mm wires or bigger.