Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sparkplug Wires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chiefKP, Nov 27, 2000.

1. chiefKP

chiefKP Registered Member

What are considered to be good plug wires? Where can a GI in Korea purchase a set?

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I really like Taylor wires. I have run them for many years with no problems! You can get them on-line at: http://www.summitracing.com

They are inexpensive and very good quality! I get the Spiro Pros(i think) they are about $40....

HTH!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

DO NOT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM,BUY,PURCHASE,SPEND MONEY ON,BARTER,OR ANYTHING RELATED,,,,ON ACCEL PLUG WIRES,,,THEY REALLY SUCK!!!

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I run the MSD 8.5 wires. They work good but the Taylor wires seemed to work as well and are a lot cheaper. Always had good luck with Summit when I had to mail order.

Smitty

5. SVBlazer

SVBlazer 1/2 ton status

I run the Jacobs 8.5mm with ceramic 90 degree ends. I'm running the hedman headers with the air log and have had troubles with the routing around cylinder 5. Jacobs has a lifetime replacement policy that I've tested 7-10 times. All related to the same cylinder:-| Anyway, call them day one and a new wire arrives in a couple of days. The wires are run less than 100 ohms resistance, allowing a larger gap at the business end. I'm happy....

6. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

MSD wires are the way to go. They cost a little more, but only have about 50 ohms per foot resistance, which means more spark energy to the plug.

Eric78K5
    K5-Because Size Matters!