Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spay in bedliner in the cab

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AnthonyG, Mar 16, 2003.

1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG 1/2 ton status

I have carpet in the cab right now and i want to get rid of it and just bedline it. has anyone done this? how did it turn out? Is it worth the money saved to do it your self or should i just pay someone to do it for me?
    If you have done this do you have pics?

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I think theres been like 100 of these posts... but i used duplicolor, and really like it, i did my entire front and rear floor. And I liked it so much i kept the back seat and rear carpet out for good...

[​IMG]

3. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I haven't done it yet but I will someday when everything else gets done and when I do I plan on using Durabak I feel it will last longer than than the other DIY stuff and will be somewhat cheeper than Rino or LineX

Eric

4. VirginiaBulldog

VirginiaBulldog Registered Member

yep hundreds of posts on this. when you pull the carpet out and are trying to get that gunk off the floor, works well to heat it up and scrape it off.

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yep hundreds of posts on this. when you pull the carpet out and are trying to get that gunk off the floor, works well to heat it up and scrape it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used carb cleaner and paint thinner , and then wiped it down with a towl. I had to grind of rust and patch a few holes. But it was all worth it.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

the entire interior of my rig is herculined. Saved me lots of $ and its super easy to clean and repair if I damage it. If I was rich, I would have got it line-X'ed as it is a) tougher and b) has better sound deadening qualities. It probably makes the body slightly more rigid as well if its applied in the 1/4" thickness.

at any rate, you can get herculiner for $70-ish a gallon if you wait for it to go on sale (napa has it on sale once a year or so). I have used about 2 gallons on my rig. pics in webshots....

j

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Do a search if you want more info. Short: Rhino, liked it.

8. MountainMan

MountainMan Registered Member

my rig was brown and tan two tone when i bought it. got it painted black, just the outside, so i bought some cheap spray on stuff, and taped off what was still brown in the door seals, sprayed them, and did the inside of the tailgate as well... REALLY like it /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

9. BowtieGuy3

BowtieGuy3 Guest

I once met a guy at a car show who had the entire outside of his '40 Olds sprayed with an orange Rhino lining. Looked pretty damn cool if ya ask me....