Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

speaker box's

Discussion in 'Audio' started by mr77k557, Jan 11, 2003.

1. mr77k557

mr77k557 Registered Member

stueben , new york (central new york in hicksville
    speaker box\'s

<font color="red"> </font color> <font color="#666666"> </font color> Can anybody suggest what type of boxes to run in a blaxer. I mean there is plenty of room but i need somthing that will sound good and cover up the loud exaust and tires.
    Should i use a sealed or ported box and or would a be better off building a custom box like greg72. im going to decide on what type of box befor i buy subs so i can properly match the subs to the boxes. I would apperciate an info you could give along with any tips or tricks you would like to share. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif <font color="red"> </font color>

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: speaker box\'s

I'd say ported. But it really depends on what kind of music you liston to the most. Do you ever plan on running topless ??? Lots of things to take into consitteration.

3. AlabamaGMC

AlabamaGMC Newbie

I am a strong believer in the sealed down fire boxes. One ca get a lot of bass out of this type of box. You can still get good bass when the top is off.

4. mr77k557

mr77k557 Registered Member

stueben , new york (central new york in hicksville

yeah i plan on running topless or at least with the sides rolled so i will have to have something that will still sound good and i listen to a variety of music but mostly metal and rock and the occasional rap.well any info will help thanks

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Ya know, try contacting BozoWise. He runs a car stereo shop and deals with this everyday. I'm sure he'd know better then I would. My thinking is a ported box with the ports fireing tords the cab. Preferable boxs built going over the wheel wells. So the ports are fairly close to the back of the front seats. Thats my thinking. I'm nno box builder, but I would think it'd help put more boom up by the driver.

6. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

being that i sale stereo equipment all day long, and im the sales manager for a stereo shop, i have a box that would work great for you, thee around 100 bucks but i can get you the specs for it, so you can expand or shrink it to fit the air space for yoru subs, jsut send me an im /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif