Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speaker Fitment

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Leadfoot, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have two 3.5" speakers mounted in the center location on the dash (where the originally single speaker was located) from LMC truck. Question, if I removed that dual speaker plate, could I mount two 4" or two 4.5" speakers without enlarging the hole? Thanks. I could pull the dash apart and measure but was hoping somebody might know without having to go through that.

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Leadfoot,

I am assuming that the 3.5" speakers are mounted to the front of the plate? If so, you might be able to cheat some extra room by bolting your larger speakers to the rear of the plate....it depends on how deep the new speaker magnets are and how much room you've got behind the dash.

The 'useable" area of most speakers is quite a bit smaller than the overall frame diameter, so you can probably fit a larger speaker in there and maybe just do a little trimming of the existing plate to allow for the larger speakers.

Just a few random thoughts on how I'd try to solve it.... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm consittering bolting a set of 6x9 box's to my kick panals as a cheap way to mount some speakers up front. Or I might break down and get the Q-form kick panals.