Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

speaker ideas for 02 crewcab

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bigdaddy89, Jun 6, 2002.

1. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

Has anybody had the opportunity to do an install on a 02 chevy crewcab yet? If so, what was the speaker combo that was used. What size speakers were used in the doors? I want to use the existing holes in the doors and stick with either 8's or 10's behind the seat. What were the amps? Give me some ideas.

2. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Check out the MTX sub box for under the rear seats. Has 2 10" subs and it was around 250-300 for it. Sounds good for a pre-fab box.

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

the infinity site has a list of what size speakers fit where, i believe the website is <a target="_blank" href=http://www.infinitysystems.com>http://www.infinitysystems.com</a>, i do know a guy that fit 3 10's in a truck box behind the rear seat with the amps under the seat, but i dont know what kind of equipment it was

4. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I sell the MTX and actually have one installed in my 01 Chevy. I really like it because it matches the interior lines perfect and color is almost identical to the factory. I would suggest a set of memphis highs or Crossfire component sets (if your going to run an amp to the highs)

By crew cab do you mean a true 4 doors or an extended cab with rear doors that open? Mtx doesn't make anything for the new 4 doors, but we could custom build anything you could want.

5. bigdaddy89

It is a true 4 door. I think I have decided on doing a box under the seat with 2 tens. I have been looking at the Kicker Comp VR's. I also like JBL for the doors. I have a 500 watt Soundstream I will be running the door speakers with and haven't decided which amp to use for the tens.

6. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I have decided not to carry kicker again this year, but I do have one set of the new comp tens left. If you want them I can give them to you for supper cheap. Maybe around 100.00 - 125.00 shipped for the pair.

7. bigdaddy89

Do you know of anybody making a down fire box that would go under my back seat?

8. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I haven't seen any prefab boxes yet. I have made some custom ones though. Any reputable stereo shop should be able to make them. Just make sure they use 3/4 MDF.