Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

speaker locations in a blazer

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bushmaster, Dec 17, 2003.

1. bushmaster

bushmaster 1/2 ton status

want good crisp clean sound where is best places for speakers? also 4 speakers or 6 im not looking for heavy bass

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

im gonna put 2 in the dash, 2 behind the front seats, 2 in the back by the tailgate and 2 subs in the middle behind the back seat. Pretty much in the factory locations. The rear of the truck has 4X10's but Im gonna put some 6X9's in there. But if you get cheap speakers they arnt gonna sound good no matter where u put them. Right now Ive got 1 set of alpine 6X9's behind the door and they sound great by themselves.

Nick

Nick

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

For your main speakers, I like the Infinity Kappa's. I like the Component Systems like this , but I'd also have a set of subs for a complete sound system.

4. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

yea but not everyone had 400$ for speakers

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifNick

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    yea but not everyone had 400$ for speakers

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifNick

[/ QUOTE ]True, but I'm just using those for a exzample.

6. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

ahh ok in that case. yea hes right componant speakers sound ALOT better than coaxil's.

nick

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Any speaker position where the speaker can play directly aimed towards your ears without having to bounce off the floor, door panels or windshield will be the best position to shoot for.

If you really want to make it sound nice, look for a mounting position that allows both the left and right speaker to be equidistant from the listening location. That pretty much means installing the speakers in footwell "pods" though.....

8. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

kappas are great, but i think the perfects are a little overkill for most people. i've got a set of kappa 6 1/2 components for either doorpanels or kickpanels(havent decided) and 6x9s that are going on the fronts of the rear wheelwells in custom enclosures that will tie into the sub box behind the bench seat. Also you can get alot better deals on ebay. i bought my components for 140$ and the 6x9s for 100$ . for the perfect line is about 200$ for components.

9. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

If you really want to make it sound nice, look for a mounting position that allows both the left and right speaker to be equidistant from the listening location. That pretty much means installing the speakers in footwell "pods" though.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Pods aren't that tough to make for the Blazer's kickpanels either since the panels are very flat.

10. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

Your best investment would be Qlogic custom kick panels. they sit on the floor by the passenger and driver's feet. they aim the speaker towards the ears of the driver and passenger. You can find them on ebay pretty cheap for blazers. then you just need a set of component speakers. Think about the front first. After all are you really that worried about the passengers? Make your system sound the best in the front seats. I dont know how often you have passengers anyway. There is also a replacement head liner that holds 4 speakers just above the passenger and driver heads. I think if you upgraded the speakers that would provide great sound. Someone on this board could tell you where to find it.

11. camarine

camarine Registered Member

In the Jimmy I have 2 4" Kenwood's mounted in the pillars next to the driver and passeneger heads. When I finish the interior I am going to put 6"'s in the rear panels next to the rear seat along with my 10" subs in the back. I currently have my amp mounted under the seats. Still looking for a new spot for them though.

12. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

13. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I have 800w in my truck with Boston Acoustics and a sub, but with the soft top and everything else when I'm driving down the freeway it don't make much difference /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

14. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    How about this for direct speaker aiming at your ears! This set up has all Infinity's! I also have 2 in the doors and 2 in the kick panels and 4 in each rear fender panels.
    Bill

15. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    want good crisp clean sound where is best places for speakers? also 4 speakers or 6 im not looking for heavy bass

[/ QUOTE ] Hey ,Check out 'rifs' "on the biggest baddest stereo system " Look at my post ...I would use 6.5" speakers instead of my 5.5 that I am using ,of you want only 4 speakers...I think the 6.5 speakers NEED a door not a Q-logic small enclosure. You speaker choice is the most important choice !!!,, tided with speaker placement !!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

16. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    How about this for direct speaker aiming at your ears! This set up has all Infinity's! I also have 2 in the doors and 2 in the kick panels and 4 in each rear fender panels.
    Bill

[/ QUOTE ]
    Where'd you get that?? I've been looking for one everywhere so i can put my cd player up there and my cb in my dash..

17. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have 2 4" in the door pillars just under neath the seat belts. Slots for 6x9 in the doors and 2 6" in the rear panel with the 10's in a stand alone box in the rear of the truck. I have mounted my amps, 1 under passenger seat and 2 in side panels of rear of Jimmy. Sounds great. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

18. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah for real were did you get that I've been looking too thats a nice setup....

19. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

I did it this way...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I custom built some three way kicks for the front 6"/5"/tweet...they are bi-amped and sound great, I also threw a pair of 6's behind front seatbelts for the rear pass with a set of 10's in the back for bass.

20. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I did it this way...
    [image]ht
    I custom built some three way kicks for the front 6"/5"/tweet...they are bi-amped and sound great, I also threw a pair of 6's behind front seatbelts for the rear pass with a set of 10's in the back for bass.

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks pretty good, I tried checking out your cardomain page but the link is broken. can you send me a link? cochino12@yahoo.com. Thanks