Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

speaker locations in blazer

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bushmaster, Jun 8, 2003.

1. bushmaster

bushmaster 1/2 ton status

4speaker 2 6x9s in dash 2 in rear side panels?
    or 6 speaker system adding 2 in doors? dont care about thumping base just want good crisp tunes

2. mattyblazer

mattyblazer 1/2 ton status

What up?
    My Blazer has a 6" round with satelite tweeters (Boston Acoustics) in the bottom of the door, big P. I. T. A. to avoid all the window crap.

Next is 6" round two way (Polk Audio) in the panels next to the rear seat.

Last is 10" sub's (JVC) mounted in the panels behind the rear wheel tubs, the last owner built out the panels from behind with 3/4" plywood.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

3. Blazn88

Blazn88 Registered Member

I've got almost the same setup as MattyBlazer. I took out the rear panels and made speakerbox panels out of 3/4" MDF. I have a 10" sub behind the wheelwell and a 6 1/2" component system in front of the wheelwell (same setup on both panels). In each door I fabricated two panels. The lower panel has a 6 1/2" three way speaker, and the top panel has a 5 1/4" component system. Then I have a 3 1/2" speaker in each corner of the dash...I hope to have some pics sometime soon..

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

lol
    i have two tens in the back...4 port bandpass box

two 6x9 3ways on the wheel wells pointing up....and two 1 inch dome tweeters in the dash...at 50 watts the dual 10's hit like omg...im about to put in a 600w amp

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

If u work things out right and have a decent chunk of change, go for the gold and do a 8-speaker setup /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif 3-1/2" in the dash with bass blockers; 6-1/2" Component system in the doors (its not hard to work around the windows. Power or manual, it dun matter.) 6x9's right behind the seats (or 1 10/12" sub on either side of the rear seat, looks cool) and 6x9's in the back. put a good amp beihnd the subs, and a small amp behind the 6x9's and u got good, crisp clean bass. I know how ya feel too. u wanna hear the music, not just hear the thump that all the crazies and their hondas do. speakin o which, i gotta go stomp my friends! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif