Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speaker mount on rollbar question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ressurection, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have any cool, professional looking way of mounting speakers in the 'crotch' of the rollbar? Like below where the support legs connect to the bar itself? I'd like to have them near my ears instead of my legs...thinking the sound may be a bit better?!:grin:

2. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

It probably won't sound all that good. The highs will be clearer since there won't be any obstructions between the speaker and your ear, but you won't have any seperation between the right and left since one speaker will be blarring in on ear and the other will be 5 ft away from your other ear. I have my rear speakers mounted to the hard top just above the rear window. They're out of the way, out of sight, and give decent seperation. I think that's about the best location for the rears, unless someone has a better place.

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I always thought a cool idea would be to mount speakers on the rearmost bars with some sort of swivel mount... When you're driving, they act like "rear fill" and play toward the windshield.

When you camp for the night, just swivel them so that they're facing out the back, and you have a decent little camp stereo. Just "fade" the front speakers so that only the rears are playing...

It's something I've been thinking about doing on my own truck (it's on the bottom of a VERY long list, though!):grin:

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I mounted a set of 6x9s in there own box, the box sits on the floor against the wall right infront of the rear seat(one on each side). Then when at camp the boxes get moved and pointed toward camp for some clear music. They are held to the floor & wall buy small eyebolts & sm bungie cord so moving them is a snap. I originally thought about the roll bar mount but my kids are allways swingin on it and they would simply be in the way so I decided not to doit...

Good Luck