Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speaker mounting opinions...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by grafixxman, Nov 27, 2005.

1. grafixxman

grafixxman Registered Member

Has anyone ever thought of mounting a set of components in the doors...where the pocket is under the window crank? I figure there is enough room there for a 6.5" speaker and mount the tweeters up in the pillars. I already have 6x9s mounted in the bottom of the door so I was thinking of just going straight up from there. What are your thoughts on this?

I was told that I should maybe put the 6x9s in boxes behind the seat and mount the 6.5s down at the bottom where the 6x9s currently are. Any thoughts on this? I would rather do it the way I was thinking, but I am open for suggestions.

System will be as follows:

MTX 5500 12" subs (2)
    Boston Acoustics SL60 components ( 6.5 and tweeter )
    Boston Acoustics SX95 6x9s
    Alpine MRV-F545 amp ( 125x4 )
    MTX 801D amp ( 800x1 )
    Audiobahn 1 farad capacitor
    Haven't decided on the deck yet.

This will all be in a 1987 K1500. It is a regular cab truck w/ a bench seat for now. Will be switching it to a 40/20/40 seat soon. I could use some help/expertise on this please.

Thanks,

Tyler

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Here's a idea, custom made boxs up high on each side.

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

The guy i have been buying all of my equipment from, says i now need more sound up front, after the 1500w amp and rear tweeter install i did, says you can remove the pocket, and mount two 4" speakers in that area with minor trimming into the door metal itself, obviously you have to rip into the door panel, but hey,,,just an idea.

may be alittle cleaner sound than a single speaker, with more actual speaker surface area.

4. grafixxman

grafixxman Registered Member

Z3...

thats what I had planned on doing, but for a guy that has never worked with fiberglass, I am not sure where to start. I am not sure fiberglass would be the way to go...i am just not sure... LOL

I just want it to ROCK OUT WITH ITS #$%^ OUT !!!

Would I be better served if the components were in the bottom and the 6x9s behind me...or...if the 6x9s were left in the bottom and the components were put in up higher on the door?