Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speaker question

Discussion in 'Audio' started by BIG*RED, Jul 9, 2005.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

well two years with out tunes is enough for me, so i am thinking about putting a stereo in the k5.

a few years ago i was big into stereo competitions. and back then i always used Image Dynamics compression drivers for my highs, MB Quart for my mids, and JL Audio for the subs..

i will still be using JL Audio for my subs

but since it has been a few years since i have looked at speakers..Do any of you know if the Image Dynamic compression drivers and the MB Quarts are still any good?

at the time i was using them, they were one of the best, and during that time 9 out 10 winning cars used MB Quarts..and I really enjoyed the qualty of sound they put out. and my personal opinion is that compression drivers are the only way to go for highs..

so who useses these brands? whats your opinion of them?

2. JIMMY76

JIMMY76 1/2 ton status

I Don't Know Much About Image Dynamics Never Used Them Mb Quarts Are Still Really Good And Now That Rockford Fosgate Owns Mb Their Top Of The Line Mids And High Are Good Too That What Im Using Now And Im Not Dissappointed I Have The Fnq Series Rated At 150w And Im Running 200 To Them For Two Years Now And Still Running Strong

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm going too get some Infinity Kappa's for my doors.