Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speaker Thoughts

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Cusm, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

What is everyone's opinion of the JBL GT series speakers? I am looking at getting some 5-1/2 components and a 6-1/2 2-way, and I like what I have heard, and really like the price. I do no intend to spend a lot of money on speakers. so hold all MB Quart & Infinity suggestions please. My days of $300 component sets are way over and I just need to improve on my stock (from 1982) speakers. BTW I have a Sony MD player w/ the 10disc CD changer, and I do not plan on using an amp on these, so just the headunits 35x4 power.

Also does it matter if the sub and other speakers match? If I go with the JBL(or Sony, Pioneer, etc) do I need to stick with the same brand for the sub?

Good lord. The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up it's butt.

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Hmmmm. The only thing that I ever liked from JBL was their GTi subs from about 10 years ago...one of the first subs to claim 1,000 watts capable. Anyways there are plenty of good component sets way less than 3 bills. Stay away from JBL and look at some like the Infinity Reference series, its alot cheaper than Kappa or Perfect stuff. Or even the lowest series for the Fosgate component sets still sound good and are about $170.
    Don't worry about using the same brand of sub. Completely not necessary. The only time I suggest doing that is if you're talking about the same sized speakers: Like in an 88-94 Chevy pickup its 4x6's in all four corners...in something like that, go for all the same speaker, but it your situation don't worry about it.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I've got a pair of Infinity Reference 6x9s. All I can say is, AWESOME!!!!!!!

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles