Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

speakers 1991 k5

Discussion in 'Audio' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, Aug 9, 2000.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Has any ever changed out their speakers in front and back on their 1991 blazer( / or about there) if so what dod you put in the stock locations, and was it hard?

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

You didn't need to make a post man. All you had to do was ask your pal Klunky. The 3.5's in the dash are time consuming but easy. The 4x10's in the back are easy, but junk. 4x10's suck. Cut holes and put 6x9's behind your front seats. And putting some 18's in the back is a must!

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I know klunky but if i ask you you will try to get me to put some 18s in my BLAZER, Farit cap or 2, all punch power amps, boston highs and mids, and alpine CD player..... sounds like some other white BLAZER!!!! OH YOU WOULD BE SURPISED what that cost to do... LOL. I this i would rather not cut my blazer for better sound. 6X9 boxed mouned some KICK ASS spot would be better.

BIG COX

A COBALT AND A BLAZER WHAT IS BETTER!!!
    ok with some hotties and some beer would be good too!

4. jim82

jim82 Registered Member

the front 3.5s are a pain, you just gotta take a bunch of little screws out and then the dash just pops off. the angle of the screws is hard, get a stubby because the windshiels is in the way. there are some good 3.5s out there, and they will scream. if not just put something else in the kick panels or something. the rear 4X10 arent worth replacing, some places make decent replacements, but go for 6X9s or 6.5s, the sound is much better.

5. Mud Bath

Mud Bath Registered Member

Put some 6.5" in the bottom front corner of your doors. Just dont mess up when you cut your holes.