Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

speakers cutting in and out again

Discussion in 'Audio' started by balzackks84, Nov 26, 2002.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok a while back i posted a problem with the speakers cutting out. It seemed as tho it was my drivers front was shorting everything out. (when i unpluged it the system was fine) So i put in a set of infiniti refrence series.

Well its doing it again but a little different. It just cuts in and out really fast when the truck vibrates or hits a bump. Any suggestions as to what it could be. Ive checked all the wiring and it seems fine.

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Just cuz you checked the wiring and it seems fine doesn't mean it is. I'd replace the wiring to that speaker and see what it does. You might have something going bad in the wire, like somehow moisture got in there. Maybe a small slice somewhere you missed or maybe the wire isn't big enough to handle the power...

3. AudioMaster

AudioMaster Registered Member

Sounds like just a loose connection. The best remedy is to run new wires. If you aren't comfortable doing that then just check all your connections to see if they are loose or dirty.

~AM

4. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

make sure all the speaker wire are not grounding cause mine did this and the wires were grounding on the dash

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif