Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speakers for the daily driver

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Was surfin' the web earlier and a wave washed me into JBL's site. Anyways sence factory speakers are, well ....... factory speakers, thought I'd see what they have that'll fit my daily driver. Anyways, it calls for 4X6's in the front and 6X9's in the rear so I'm looking at fronts and rears. Any opinions ?? (Note; daily driver is not a truck, it's a 2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS coupe.)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Any opinions ??

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Juggernauts???

:D

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Not in the daily driver. Don't think there's enough room in the trunk of a Alero for a box that a pair of 12" MMATS Juggernauts require. Heck, I just want too replace the factory speaker in the car. I've got the subs taken care of with a pair of 12" Kicker L7's in a slot port box that just barely fits in the trunk. Any opinions on the JBL's 4X6's and 6X9's too replace the factory speakers ??

5. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

jbl used to make killer stuff, not sure if they still do or have sold out :dunno:

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have a complete JBL home theater system and it sounds awesum. I'm not looking for competion sound, just a good sounding daily driver.

7. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

looks good to me. your running them of an amp right?

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Right now I'm not doing anything, but yeah, I'd like too run them off a amp so I can shut off the inturnal amp in my head unit. Head units that are pre amp have a cleaner sound in my honest opinion.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Been pricing out different 4X6's and 6X9's too replace the factory speakers. I'm only looking at the better quality speakers, I don't want Legasy or any "Cheap" name brands like that. I want too have matched speakers for the front and rear. Was looking at JBL's because I've had JBL's in cars in the past and they sounded pretty good. But now I'm looking at some Kicker KS series speakers. Anyone have any experence with the Kicker 4x6's and 6x9's ?? Any opinions ?? They not as expencive as the JBL's, but they're not cheapies either. Might have too go with the Kickers just because I'm running a 12" Kicker L7 sub.

10. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

Those JBL's are good speaker, your not going see the true potential without a good amp behind them, not necersarily large in power. Find a 70 or 80 watt (RMS), 200 watt(peak) per channel to run them and your golden. I don't really know much about Kincker other than they make quality products in the mid and upper lines of everything they make. Another one to check out is Ecilpse, they make amazing sound, the best I have ever heard with little power, even straight off the deck. I have them in my Blazer, and have had them in other vehicles in the past. Check out this link to their speaker lines. The point series is the upper most line and a bit more expensive, plus they don't offer the front size for your application so you would have to change it or go with something else. I have the Integrated series in my Blazer currently, they are great!!! They have both frt. and rear for you too. Just a suggestion, a bit cheaper than JBL and I THINK a better sound too. Good Luck.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I was planning on a Orion 8004 but might go with a 4 channel MMATS amp. I'm a big fan of the MMATS amps. I'm running a D200hc (1400 watts RMS at 1 ohm, but turned the gain down cause the 12" Kicker L7 only handles 750 watts RMS) There are 2 MMATS amps I'm looking at, one does 65 watts per channel at 4 ohm, the other does 70 watts per channel at 4 ohms. I'm really leaning tords the Kicker KS46 4X6 front speakers and the Kicker KS69 6X9's for the rear. The K series are thier top of the line 2-way speakers in the sizes I need.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Here's the 12" sub I'll be running. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]