Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speakers in a boat on a tower/pylon

Discussion in 'Audio' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, Jul 29, 2004.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I have an older boat and do some skiing and wakeboarding and was thinking about taking my cheap old urban amp and using that to push two 6*9 or might use it to push 2 sets….
    Here is my question… should I just get a set of 6*9 and put them in a box and point them at the skiers/wake boarders or just scrap this idea? Any one other there have some good 6*9s that they want to sell cheap? Should I just use some prefab boxes or make some? When the pylon is down should I just make quick disconnect for the speakers from the pylon and the wires so they can be removed easy? there sound is good in the boat so I think I will not want the amp when there is no one on the line…

What do you all think?

Brett

2. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

What kinda boat is it, in my buddies closed bow natique we ened up putting 2 10's in that compartment up front. The cubby hole projected the sound out. It was fun till I through my broke board up in there because I was pissed and went through one of the 10's

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

You can get some decent boxes @ Wally World, saw some 6x9's for about $20. They would mount just fine on a tower, and if you're going to disconnect after use, no real need to worry about waterproofing.

4. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status