Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speakers in doors?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by blazerman78, Nov 26, 2002.

1. blazerman78

blazerman78 Registered Member

Hi does anyone know if I can fit 2 6" round speakers in each door or will the window regulators interfere with them? (I don't want to go out there and take my truck apart unless I have to) I plan to put one at the bottom of the door (right in that carpeted part with the vent thingy next to it) and maybe one where the little storage pouch is (about halfway up the door towards the front) I have power windows and locks, too, if that makes any difference. Another thing I was thinking about was putting one in the kick panel between the door opening and the firewall, to the left of the e-brake pedal. Will this be easier? I know my posts are long and confusing, but what I'm basically saying is where do you recomend i put 2 6" round speakers in the front of my blazer? Any help is appreciated. thanks!

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've seen people make "Build outs" that house the speakers, but move everything outward to give the clearence needed. Just a thought.

3. chosen(1)

chosen(1) 1/2 ton status

Speakers in the lower part of the doors is easy. Going up higher, where the pouch is, I think you will find won't work. There just isn't room. My question is why do you need 2 6" in each door? I have a nice 6" boston in each door, 3 1/2" in the dash, and a pair of 10's behind my seat (I have a pick-up) and couldn't be happier.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    My question is why do you need 2 6" in each door?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because MORE is better! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have two 6's in each door, but it's a 1st Gen so you can't necessarily assume the same things work on the 2nd Gens.

Depending on what you're after, the extra mid-basses in the doors can really help boost upper bass frequencies beyond what the subs are capable of....having a LOT of power driving multiple mid-bass drivers can add a lot of "snappiness" to music. I've built and heard systems both ways, and I really like the way dual-midbasses blend in with the rest of the system.

Just my $.02 (and yes, I accept PayPal!) /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. blazerman78

blazerman78 Registered Member

I recently recieved a package deal that included a head unit and four speakers, and I need someplace to put them. i already have a 6x9 on each side behind the front seats and i would like some speakers up front. i probably don't NEED 2 in each door, i just think it would sound cool.