Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speakers in the kick panel?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by blackwidowk5, Mar 16, 2001.

1. blackwidowk5

blackwidowk5 1/2 ton status

I want to mount 3.5" speakers in the kick panels but was wondering what that involves. Is it worth cutting? Otherwise where would be a good place for them that isn't the doors. I already have two 8" in the back and two 5.25" right behind the seats.
    Thanks

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I personally wouldnt want to waste my time going through all the work to add 3.5's in the kick. It is possible to mount them in the door, or in the kick.

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://dblazer.coloradok5.com>http://dblazer.coloradok5.com</A>

3. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

if you are really into great sound you can buy qpanels that go in front of the doors by your feet and they aim the speaker up toward you. they are supposed to make it sound as good as you can find, but they are like $150 per pair, they make them for blazers though. otherwise just cut the door. if you have a rotozip or something it would be pretty easy.

4. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

if you are really into great sound you can buy qpanels that go in front of the doors by your feet and they aim the speaker up toward you. they are supposed to make it sound as good as you can find, but they are like $150 per pair, they make them for blazers though. otherwise just cut the door. if you have a rotozip or something it would be pretty easy to do