Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

speakers in top of cab in a second gen?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by emoo99, Apr 27, 2005.

1. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

I took out my headliner, have no interior so i don't want to put speakers in the back because it's just more wires. I was thinking today the roof of my cab has to layers of sheet metal, and the dome light is mounted up there, i can buy some of those flat door speakers that have a mounting depth of a couple inches, then just cut a hole in the top of the cab and mount speakers up there, and some way run the wires down to my windshield frame.. is that possible?

2. personaltrainer

personaltrainer 1/2 ton status

seems like it's do-able, but proble would sound like crap. Depends on what kind of sound quality you wanted - or if you just wanted "sound".

running the wires would be easy - just run them behind the plastic trim that runs beside the windshield.

hope that helps.

3. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

[QUOTE
    running the wires would be easy - just run them behind the plastic trim that runs beside the windshield.[/QUOTE]

Yea it's pretty much just for sound, i may throw some cotton sheets up in the holes if i decide to do it.. and i don't have that plastic trim anymore, i took that off when i took everything else out.

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

they sell plastic headliners made for just that.