Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speakers

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Drey, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Well Ive finally done it, the speakers in my blazer are blown. Drivers door no sound at all, both rear doors crackle and sounds like crap, passenger seems ok yet but wont last long im betting. Its a 96 S10 Blazer. I have a Alpine CDA-9827 Head unit in it. I like to blare music loud, and at other times make it "hit" hard. Depends on the music ya know. Anywho, I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for replacement speakers. I would like to use the stock locations, but I could cut up my door panels if I had to. At 138000 miles its worth less then 3000 trade in so I wont ever do that. Also do you guys have any tips for me when I set Bass and Treble?

Also can you recommend a decent amp for me. Money is tight now and prolly wont buy one untill april or may. I have two JL Audio WO 12 inch subs in a box all set up but the amp I bought with the subs is fried. I also need to run a power cable sometime.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Infinity Kappa speakers, and either Phoenix Gold or Hifonics for a amp depending witch one you can get the best deal on.

3. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

My speaker recommendation would depend on the exact budget you have for them.

Amp, same thing. PLus, Im a bit confused if you are asking for an amp recommendation for the subs, or for the new front speakers.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I actually found some deals on ebay for Memphis speakers , based on my best friends reccomendation . They sound awesome in my Blazer . Good clarity . I run them crossovered so the bass isn't in them , just in my subs .

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

6. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I just want to run the 4 new mid range speakers off my head unit, stock wiring. Im just looking for an amp for my Subs. Do infinity or memphis make upgraded stock size speakers for direct bolt in? just curious

I dont know a ton about car audio systems so if you guys could explain some basics to me about speakers that would help a ton. I have some cheapo Pioneer 6 1/2s and 6x9s that Im going to put in my K10 I can wire stuff and what not I just dont know what the heck all these numbers are and what the settings do.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I highly recomend useing a 4-channel amp too power your main speakers and a mono-block amp for your sub(s). A car stereo doesn't produce anywhere near what most of them claim. Maybe peak, but deffently not RMS. Also remember, a car stereo will only sound as good as the speakers. So investing in a set of high quality speakers is money well spent. But then you'll need the power too drive them with out clipping, so a quality 4-channel amp is needed. (Alot of headunit have a setting too turn off thier inturnal amp) Running the headunit as a deadhead always sounds better in my opinion anyways.