Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

speakers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Oblin Goblin, Oct 11, 2000.

1. Oblin Goblin

Oblin Goblin 1/2 ton status

What are the sizes of the speakers in an '84 Blazer. I think the 2 corner speakers in the dash are 3.5" and the ones in the very back are 4x10 but I have no idea whats in the middle of the dash. I'm guessing a 4x6 or 2 more 3.5's.

2. 87 mid canada k5

87 mid canada k5 1/2 ton status

I don't there's anything in the middle unless your truck came equipped with the lowest line factory radio. Mine came with a digital display auto rev. am/fm cassette ( crap ) and used 4 spkrs , 2 in the dash corners and 2 in the rear corners ( also crap ). If you have a front center speaker, you normally don't get the others. ( mono )

Denis -MIDCAN k5 " DIG A HOLE!!!"

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

If it did come with a middle front speaker, i believe it is a 4x6.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

4. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

It is a 4x6 most likely. That is what i have seen people put in there dash but hooked it up to their cb. It is used in that case as an external speaker. Pretty nifty setup. I would suggest you stick to the 3.5s and 4x10 or else you will have to cut door panel for 6.5s. That is what i did. Dont like 3.5s too small. I have also seen 6x9s cut into the rear panel on either side of the rear seat.

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

5. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

I forget where I saw them, but someone has a cool setup that they took a 4x6 frame and mounted 2 high quality 3.5"s in the frame of a 4x6 so that you could essentially have 4 3.5" speakers in the dash, and if they are good enough wire them in parallel down to 2 ohms, they would have to be high quality speakers. Thats what I am going to do, since I cant remember where I saw them I will just make my own.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

6. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

I'm making new panels for the rear and will be putting two 6x9 in the very back, and either two more 6x9's or maybe 4-6 inchers by the rear bench kind of down by the feet. with possibly a 250 watt amp...or maybe something stronger..?? dont know yet