Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speaking of ARB's ... solenoid?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dremu, Aug 30, 2005.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Just got my new-to-me ARB for my front 10-bolt (thank you azblazer, check will be forthcoming! :deal: ) ... however, it's just the locker and the air hookup, no solenoid.

I can call ARB tomorrow and see what they get for their solenoid, but looking at their web page I wonder if it's made for their compressor. I've already got a York OBA :woot:, so I'm just gonna run a separate regulator for this baby on my existing setup.

Can I go to McMaster-Carr or Grainger or somebody and get a random air-switcher, or is there any benefit to going one way or the other?

It would be nicest if I could find something with 3/8 NPT's on both ends for ease of plumbing, of course ... are these things widely available, or ... ?

Finally, 'fore I call ARB, anybody know if their carrier is the same size as the stock one, i.e. do I have to use their bearing kits, or can I use anybody's bearings to install the thing?

Can you tell I'm suspicious that ARB will be very proud of their parts and charge me accordingly? :eek:

-- A

2. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

4. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I went with a non electric switch from Mcmaster carr

Catalog page #886 Letter "E" pn #6464K16