Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speaking of Rhino Lining

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Madbomber88, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Madbomber88

Madbomber88 1/2 ton status

Has anyone used this to undercoat their Blazer? My frame and undercarriage are virtually rust-free and I would love to keep it this way. Anyone have any great ideas for undercoating? I'ver heard everything from spraying used motor oil twice a year to nothing at all. The winters in upstate New York are murder, they spray salt like it is the greatest thing in the world.

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Sorry don't have that problem. I'm in calif........Snow what's that.........

[​IMG]

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My truck leaks fluids so bad that it coats the underside but it would be nice to crawl uder it and take a nap without getting dripped on. It can't last forever but if you have enough green it'll outlast you.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Ever hear of Por 15? Might want to check this stuff out and see if it's something you could use. It's good stuff from what I hear about it.....

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    "What if the hokey pokey is what it's all about?"

5. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

I'm doing it as soon as I get the new floors welded in. I'm doing inside & underside, including wheel wells. It'll be a couple of months from now but if you still haven't got it done then, I'll let you know.

Brian
    89KBlazer

6. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Rhinoliner is good stuff... very tough, but probably would be a bit spendy. I have heard good things about Herculiner, but maybe ask around on it. POR-15 is awsome... funny thing is my latest batch has just come in... this one has my Blazer written all over it... It get's super hard when it drys and I've never ever seen rust come back w/ it when prepped right. Could get enough to do you truck for less then 100 bucks.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

7. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Hey Captn...How much for a gallon of that Por15 stuff?? And can it be brushed on, or do you have to get those special rollers like for Herculiner and Durabak, etc? Thanks
    Boss

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boss.coloradok5.com>http://www.boss.coloradok5.com</A>

8. CaptCrunch

I don't sell it if that's how it sounded... just reread that... but I use a crap load of it on cars I restore, hired projects, and bud's vehicles. I came across this stuff about 4 yrs ago when I workied in Philly for a resto shop. Until recently have been uying it from a guy out there dirt cheap in 5 gal buckets. He had some hook up w/ them, but he passed away. I just picked mine up for $88 a gallon... a quart will coat a ton and that is $29. Check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.por15.com>http://www.por15.com</A>
    I love these guys... they have this stuff in tubes that's like bondo but a million times better! Doesn't shrink and that! Also they make a few different types so price varies... Clear is good for body panels and can be sparayed over easily and the silver stuff has more metal in it and works great for surface rust areas that are pitted up and you don't want to use body filler. All I can say is the stuff is awsome... my Blazer is getting inside of my new rocker... the underbody, new axles, and in the door jams/ tailgate area.

[​IMG]

9. Madbomber88

Madbomber88 1/2 ton status

Do you know where I can buy some of the Por 15? I'd rather do it myself anyway, and many people have recommended this stuff.
    Thanks,
    -Tim

'90 K5

10. CaptCrunch

The website above.... you can order over the phone or right online.

[​IMG]