Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speaking of snakes...............

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tiger9297, Sep 20, 2005.

1. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I have a number of snake skins in my shop. My father in-law also told me he saw a King snake in my basement. I know a king snake is a "good" snake, but I don't want him in my basement. Is there any way to get rid of snakes? Are there any traps/contraptions to catch or kill them? I have heard of putting out moth balls, and I have also heard that those glue traps will work. I can't figure out why a snake would be attracted to a glue trap though. Any suggestions???

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi !!

You need a Mongoose!...they eat snakes!!..but I dont think youll find one in the USA outside of a zoo!..maybe some kind of dog(s) eat or will flush it out for you...a trap baited with live mice or crickets might work..the snake probably has a hole he came come and go thru to the outside as he pleases...I'd just do a thourogh search,if he's not around its most likely outside--then plug the hole with that spray foam stuff!

I saw on that "Dirty Jobs" show an exterminater was using napthalene to repel snakes under porches in LA.--same stuff as Moth Balls...might help! :crazy:

3. eric22

eric22 1/2 ton status

just get some leather gloves and pick it up, it you can find it, when using glue boards, they pretty stumble across them, instead of being attracted like rodents would, set up the glue boards around openings and walls, it should say on the board how to release it after. To find where it goes you could put down flour, and look for tracks.

king snakes are good, besides eating rodents they also eat other snakes including ones that could hurt you, if you dont want to deal with it, try animal control, or pet stores, sometimes at stores they have some reptile enthusiasts who would be more than happy to help.