Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

speaking of vibrations

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Oct 19, 2005.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

i have a 350-th350-203 at cruise i get a vibration that goes high and low i dont know ecxactly how to explain it other than this > WHIRRRRrrrrrWHIRRRRrrrrrrWHIRRRRRrrrrrr. i have checked everything i can think of and have thought maybe its the x-case is worn out or something. the only other thing i have found is the rear driveshaft is backwards(slip splines are closest to the rear axle). but if its balanced that souldnt make any differnce should it? this is the first 203 case i have ever owned and i have been told you get funny vibs and noises from a worn out 203. i started a new job and havent had much time to do anything lately. as some of you may know or realize i have been putting alot of time and money into this truck just to make it road+winter worthy. should i turn the driveshaft around b4 i start thinking about anything else?

thanks
    balzer

2. gmcjimmy90

gmcjimmy90 Registered Member

try replacing trans mount

3. hero

hero Registered Member

That sounds like U-joints to me. You will also get this if the driveshaft angle is too steep.