Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speaking of Wildest Police Videos.......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Did I see one tonight............................... :D

Right after the new year, one of the local PD's got into a little chase with a drunk and a pursuing officer ended up with $2000 worth of damage to the front end of his Tahoe. That's all I knew until tonight when I stopped by his office and saw the video label, so he popped it in.

Realization #1-I did not know it was right after a snow storm and the roads were mostly icy and snowpack.

Realization #2-The vehicle being pursued was a Heep.

Realization #3-I was not aware that the pursuing officer's Tahoe was 4wd.

So now for a recap. The pursuing officer was actually outside his town, but when it comes chase time around these parts, everyone wearing a badge gets an invite, so he joined in and ended having to take the pursuit over for the initiating agency.

They drive around at a pretty decent clip through some neighborhoods and drunk Jeep boy decides to see if our pursuing officer can keep up by going Ivan Stewart off into a field. Pursuing officer doesn't let this maneuver phase him and he follows. Now this is where I start asking the all important "is your Tahoe 4wd?" cause I'm pretty impressed by the Baja in the snow race these two have going.

The chase goes back onto pavement and we've got a little rubbing here and there and then the pursuing officer decides to attempt his first ever TVI (PIT for all you non-OK folks) and we have success. Well apparently our drunk Jeep guy has seen the Mustang video from OKC and drives off after the spin.

Fast forward. They are running out of town. I asked the guy what kind of speeds they were going and he said at times, they were traveling 70mph. Now I'm here to tell you, this road they went down, I stay away from unless I'm really bored. The speed limit is 65, but the road has missed a few decades of highway funding and isn't exactly smooth. Add the snow and ice, and I'm sure if I was driving, I'd need some new underwear.

Now to the final scene. Drunk Jeep guy slows down and goes off road once again, where he stops. Our pursuing officer follows the leader again, but the ABS and 4wd doesn't help as he locks the brakes, and in his words, has the brake pedal slammed for four seconds. The Jeep stopped the Tahoe. As we're watching the final takedown, he points to a line approximately 20-30 feet in front of the Jeep and says, "That's a dropoff of about 150 feet." :D

Needless to say, I was quite impressed with the skills displayed in the video.

:D :D :D

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

That's awesome :saweet:

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Sounds exciting!! :saweet: :saweet: :thumb:

4. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Make a copy for us pls!!!

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status