Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Specialty Top Company Is Being Sold.....again

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BIGEARL, Oct 27, 2006.

1. BIGEARL

BIGEARL Registered Member

Just an FYI to anyone who may have a soft top order in at STC.

YOU NEED TO CALL THEM IMMEDIATELY AND GET YOUR MONEY CREDITED BACK TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I placed on order on June 13th, and after about 19 heated phone calls I finally asked for money back TODAY. The guy said he didnt know what was going to happen to the company whether it was to be sold or closed.:mad: :mad: :mad: WTF

Anyone have a soft top they want to sell me now that there is no one around to make tops anymore...... dare I even say the word.... Canback?

Nate

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Man, I hope someone buys them up to continue the product!! Those look like top (no pun intended) quality soft tops.

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

That sucks. Mine is about shot and I need a new one in a color other than white.

4. gaspass

gaspass 1/2 ton status

There's still Besttop.

5. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I ordered sept 6th and called last week to see if I will still get one. Sounded like it but am gonna keep calling regularly

6. BIGEARL

MNorby, be careful is all I can say. Escrow leins can be a real pain in the ass to handle remotely if you do decide to ask for your money back later on. I started calling in August and they kept sayin "we're waiting for aluminum....." I kept waiting patiently, calling every 2 weeks and getting the same bs response. Finally the guy I spoke with yesterday says " You know, you might want to get your money back because no one around here knows what going on... there's no telling when your top will be done or if it ever will"

I immediately asked for my $700.00 back.

Better safe than sorry.

Nate

7. scasey28

scasey28 1/2 ton status

hey nate, sorry to hear about the bad news. I've got a specialty 67-72 blazer fasttrac top if your interested, its never been used and is still in the factory wrap.

-scott

8. TDAWG1

TDAWG1 1/2 ton status Premium Member

ORD still makin tops, Heard at BB that some one in Arizona is making tops just like Storm Troopers Can Bak only or they could with a picture, didn ot catch the name so if any of you ZONA boys know this place tell us.

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I'm pretty sure ORD just sells Specialty Tops so if they go under ORD will only have the left over stock.

I like Stormtrooper's though, like to see someone other than Can Bak make it, they are overpriced.

10. Big Blzn

Big Blzn 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Fellas
    Called STC today and spoke to some guy who basically said that STC is no longer making tops, is not taking orders and has shipped out all their inventory. I asked all sorts of questions but didn't get many answers. Eluded to the fact that there are several companies in negotiations to buy STC and that one of the deals is pretty close to happening and that if things go well production could restart in approxiamately 10 weeks or so. Just passing this on to ya'll.

11. MNorby

I read on anoth forum that they company was bought and moving to texas and getting going again. Must have just been rumor. Oh well... at least I snagged one :)

12. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

That is almost verbatum what an old guy told me on the phone 6 weeks ago.

13. MNorby

When mine was on order before cancelling it thats what I was told. That was over a month ago though.

14. Big Blzn

Big Blzn 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

:angry1: I really need a farfuknugun top by Spring. My hard top really sucks when offroad. If ya'll hear anything let us know.

15. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

They told me recently they are selling the company, but no details on when they would be able to ship product.

16. BIGEARL

Sombich... I still havent been refunded my 700.00

Mnorby, how did you manage to get your cash back?

Nate

17. MNorby

Mine was a deal where I traded a top in exhance another guy bought the STC top for me on his CC and just having it shipped to me. After I heard about STC selling I called the guy I had this deal with and he just called STC and got the $$$ refunded to his CC. Took like 3 or 4 days to show back on h is card then he just paypalled me the money.

18. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

was this company our only choice for a rag top?

19. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Bestop also sells a 69-72 soft top, but I like the appearance of STC's top much more plus I like the idea of the fastrack attachment method on the windshield frame.

20. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

I Ordered a top 5 months ago, after 3 months of "it will be done it 2 weeks" i canceled the order and asked for my money back.The person said no problem, so 2 weeks go buy and no refund.I call back and get the line that they are selling the company and he doesnt know when i can have my money back. He then said that i should file a claim with my credit card company if i wanted it back.
    Unfortuanalty it was purchased on a debit card.I dont know if anyone has run into this but NEVER purchase anything online with a debit card. the bank offers no protection against fruadulant purchases or failed products. Once the money is gone.....Its gone. So Here i am now Screwed with no money or top!