Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Specialty Top Co's '73-'75 fastrac ???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73k5blazer, May 15, 2005.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I used to have an old kayline top for my '73, it was the all snap version. It had a sweet feature where you could roll up the sides and back, but the roof section remained, for what I called "safari" mode. It had sewed in straps to contain the rolled up section.
    I can't find enough info on the newer fastrac model for the '73-75's. Can anyone tell me if the '73-'75 fastrac model has safari mode?

2. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yes, the one on my '74 does.

You zip off the side panels and roll up the back window.

All that is left is the top and a small corner section over each taillight.

GrimReaper did a great writeup on the top somewhere on this site a while back. Don't remember if he showed it in "safari" mode.

Hope that helps.

-Ben

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Yeah, I was looking at the write-up, it didn't mention zipping out the sides or anything, and no pictures of it in safari mode. That's why I asked, and you answered. Thanks!

4. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

I have had mine for 3 years now and always outside. They hold up pretty well with minimal leaks. In safari mode on the freeway, I had to add bungy cords between the 2 rear hoops to add tension because with the fastrac the rear corner flaps would come off.