Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speed Bleeders - What Thread Size Do I Need

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Resurrection_Joe, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Almost have the one tons in, and will need to bleed the brake system, which is basically completely empty. As I have no possible help with this, I'd like to try these

(These right here)

I'm almost dead sure I need the 3/8 - 24, but it would be nice to know for sure.

I assume the bleeder screws for the rear D44 calipers and the front D60 calipers are the same.

Thank you for your time

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Either way, order them from Autozone instead of Jeg's and beat the shipping. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

The best way to do it when there is nothing in the system is to gravity bleed them. It's easy...just open up the bleeders, fill the MC, and go eat dinner. It will take about 45min to start getting fluid to each wheel but when it is there you will have zero bubbles and have done almost no work. Can't get any better than that. I have done this a few times and I know others have done it as well. It doesn't work if there is a bubble in the middle of the line but you have no fluid in the system (one big bubble!) so it will work fine. I think it was about 30min till I started to get fluid to the first wheel when I did my 3/4-ton swap. As they start dripping fluid just close them and wait for the others to finish.