Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

speed wobbles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MilpitasK5, Mar 5, 2002.

1. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Hello folks! It's been a while since I've posted. I picked up a TJ to be my reliable while I turn out my K5. Ended up having to do work on that!

Anyway, I've missed this site! Here goes...
    I get major wobbles when I hit speeds between 25 and 35 mph. It feels like it might be coming from the right side. I also have a bit of a shake when I turn right. Does this sound like a bad U joint in the axle (not the drive shaft). The only reason why I think it's in the axle is because I recently changed the U joint in the drive shaft.

Here is another one off the topic. I have a 3 inch lift front and 3.5 back. Do I need a drop pitman arm?

86' K5 blazer
    3 inch lift
    w/ rust problems

Thanks!!
    Chris

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Mark the tire with some chaulk then rotate the tires and see if it still happens. If its just the tire then have it checked out.....I would go with a steering arm block or dropped pitman arm.

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif Now get outta heeeeh ya heeper........./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Damn! I knew I should have kept the Jeep thing to my self! I'm trying to sell it already. I originally was looking for a commuter car (Subaru) but that TJ came up for real cheap. Got suckered!
    Anyhow, thanks for the tip!