Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speedo Cable disconnected.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Boss, Apr 17, 2000.

1. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

This past weekend I was under my truck and I noticed that the speedometer cable is not connected to anything. It is connected to my NP205, but the other end is not. Does this make any difference? The speedometer does work and I don't have any probs with it. Thanks for your help.
    Boss

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Now that sounds weird! Maybe it is your Throttle kickdown cable you are talking about not being connected? If your speedo is working, there must be continuity from the NP205 all the way through your cruise control module (if you have that) to the speedo head.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Maybe it is the Throttle Kickdown cable you are talking about. What does that do? But I thought the Speedo cable is the one that is connected to the NP205. And no, I don't have cruise control. Yeah, I thought it was a wierd thing.
    Boss

4. Blaze81

Blaze81 Registered Member

Yes, kickdown cable from tranny to carb. Speedo cable from transfer case to cruisecontrol and or speedo depending on setup. If your speedo cable is not hooked up then your speedo cannot be working unless someone has installed an electric setup or something. You might also have one of the lesser known "good" gremlins that make things work when they shouldn't be. If this is the case then you are one of the luckiest guys I have ever seen. I get all the "bad" gremlins that make crap not work when it darn well should be. Good lick fixing? the problem??

Tuck