Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speedo cable won't hook up to gauges. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Okiemuddog, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Speedo cable won\'t hook up to gauges. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to put my dash back together today for the first time since I bought my K5. All went well till the speedo cable, I went to hook to the speedo and no go. The ends on my cable has screw ends on it and the speedo has a little clip that looks like it slides over the casing. Do I have the wrong cable housing? I assume this is the correct cable for the truck, but again this is the first time I had tried to put this back together. My clip is too short to reach the cable from the mounting head of the back of the speedo. Any suggestions would be nice, this has me really frustrated. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

Re: Speedo cable won\'t hook up to gauges. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the end that goes into the cab should not have a "screw in end" it has more of a flare on it with a rib that will snap into place on the clip on the back of the cluster housing. I hope that made since, Basically it sounds like you need a new speedo cable

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Early trucks had the screw-on type connection, but I'm not sure what year they changed. Sounds like yours has either the wrong year cable or the wrong year speedo. I've got a clip-on style speedo cable from an '88 Blazer I could send ya for $10 plus shipping. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I'm pretty sure that the end at the t-case stayed the same over the years. If you want this one, measure the total length of yours so we can be sure this one is long enough for your setup.

4. monte0172

monte0172 1/2 ton status

Dude you got the cable that goes to the Cruise control. You need the cable that is w/out cruise control.

5. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Holy Sh*&, DUH! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I should have thought of that, I forgot that this truck originally had cruise. I am not putting the cruise back in so I didn't think about having 2 cables. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    Thanks Monte, off to the parts store I go.