Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speedo Digital Ratio Adapter?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by woody9, Jun 21, 2001.

1. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

So, after swaping from 3:54 to 4:10's the speedo is off about 20". I figure no problem swap the gear @ the x-fer case. NOT! electronic...
    91 suburban. They say i need to change/reprogram something called the DRA? Digital ratio adapter? Behind the glove box?
    Anyone been there, done that?
    The 1 guy who knew of this at a Speedo Shop also said I'd need to convert from a 7 pin (if so equiped) for a 14 pin?
    I don't do electronics well! but the gear change sure was sweet!
    In a word.. HELP!

2. WOODYJ

WOODYJ 1/2 ton status

I have been looking into putting a LS! and 4L60E in my blazer. I have been told that there was an aftermarket VSS (vehicle speed sensor) a person could buy that would straighten out the problem and it was reprogramable. I haven't seen one yet. Have been trying to find what it takes but haven't been able to get all the information. If you find out before I do please let me know and I will do the same. Thanks!!

k5woody I Don't Understand The Jeep Thing Either!!!

3. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Do a search on the speedo adapter, I replied to a post a while back about one on the market. I think it was Superlift that put it out, but I can't remember now.

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]

4. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Checked the site you mentioned, and didn't find anything... and then talked with the 're-calibration' guy.... Just hate to have to send a crippling part off for a week!
    If i find more, i'll the news... (good or bad!)