Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

speedo gear changes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris Demartini, Sep 16, 2000.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>My truck originaly had 3.07 gears, SM465, NP205, and 31" tires. If I put in 4.10 axles, and 36" tires, what size speedo gear do I need? Where can I get one?</font color=blue>

http://www.chrisd71k5.coloradok5.com <font color=blue></font color=blue>

2. beefcake83

beefcake83 1/2 ton status

I'm going thru this right now... I asked a cop to clock me to see how much my speedo is off. Went to a local tranny shop and told them what speed I was clocked at and how much it was off, and with the two numbers they said that they can fit a gear in my speedo adapter. They said they didn't need my tire size or gearing. Hope this makes this task easier for you.

Gary Graham
    '83 GMC Jimmy 350 'Beefcake'
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    Metallica & Mountain Dew

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I'd do what Beefcake said....a tranny shop can do it with ease.....it helps to know a cop in town, even if you don't know them, if you say you're going to fix it they'll help you out. They'd rather you do that instead of running around with it out of callibration. Most cops will help out in these situations, they love to assist law abidding citizens !! Good luck !

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>