Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speedo Gears for 84 K5, speedo way off.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by badmix, Mar 17, 2005.

1. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Hello all. It seems that my blazer is falling into the obsolete parts category. Im tryin to find the Speedo gears 15t & 40t for my Blazer (700r tranny), the dealer says its obsolete and cant get em, ive tried speedo shops and called a couple tranny shops, each keep telling me to try the other one. Anyways, my speedo is 20mph off while doin 50mph. I installed 4:10s gears from the 2:73s that were in there previously. Any help is appreciated.

2. Zeitler

Zeitler Registered Member

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

WHY IS IT THAT THE AUTO GUYS CAN RE-CALIBRATE!!!!!!! :confused:

4. Zeitler

Zeitler Registered Member

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

6. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Thanks, that had alot of good info on both sites.

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Both of those articles are written by the same guy. I suspect the part numbers are also 2WD.

I have not tried to obtain 4wd drive/driven gears, however, I believe if you do a search or attempt to use them, you will find that the gears are not the same between 2 and 4wd. I can't be certain of that, what I can be certain of, is that it is near impossible with the GM parts manual, to find the drive/driven gears that work in the 208 and 241 t-cases.

I would be very leery of ordering ANY speedo gears that you do not have positive confirmation that they will fit. In other words, unless someone on here says "these part numbers are what you need for your 4wd application" I wouldn't order them. I'm sure that SOMEHOW you can get the right part numbers, but I would take personal experience over a GM dealers attempt to get them.

8. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

welp thru some research and helpful GM dealer, I was able to get the Gears i need, even though they are discontinued, some dealers may have one or two, ive got one coming from VA to Fl. Sadly , I asked the dealer bout obsolete parts and he said they will toss them or send em back to manufactor to toss, on occasion an aftermarket supplier will buy all the NOS (new old stock) stuff. oh well.

9. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Do everyone a favor and post up the part numbers and if they fit when you get them.

10. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Its GM part number 14037997 for the 15t gray gear. The 15T is the main one, you can get the other gear in diff sizes, I think I need a 39 or 40T gear to match up with the 15t.