Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speedometer Cable

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kevcarr59, Oct 27, 2004.

1. kevcarr59

kevcarr59 Registered Member

I'm looking for the speedometer cable from the cruise control unit under the hood to the transmission. It's a '78 with the 350/203 set-up. What I need is the complete cable. The present one in there is about 4 inches too short. Let me explain... The end that goes into the tranny case bends back upon itself in about a 2 or 3 inch bend. The old cable has worn there and also has worn through the outer layer on the exaust pipe.

What I need is a source for a complete cable, that will be long enough to fit properly. I've already tried the usual places (AutoZone, Advanced, O'Reilly's), but all I can find is an insert that you can cut to fit. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

As always thanxs for the help /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Also.. Running 33" Hercules Terra Tracs, how much difference should I figure on from stock tires size???