Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

speedometer fix ???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Scott73, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Scott73

Scott73 Registered Member

I have an '87 Blazer w/ 4" lift and 33" tires. I recently went from 3.08s to 4.10s and my speedometer is way off. What do I need to correct it and where can I get what I need?

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

go talk to your local gm dealer. you'll need a drive gear, a driven gear, and prob the adapter that houses the driven gear. expect about 50 bucks. you'll have to pull the back yoke piece off the t-case and it'll take about 30 to 45 minutes.

3. 350S10NJ

350S10NJ Registered Member

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Local Speedo Shop. They can make a converter that will correct the problem. I would plan on paying about a C-note (that was what I was told to plan on from ours here in AZ).

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I went the convertor route, and it did cost about $100. The speedo is dead on accurate though, the shop actually puts it on a chassis dyno to make sure that it's perfect. I had it done when I was running 4.10s, now that I've changed to 5.13s I'm going to have to go back and have it recalibrated. Since I already have the box though it shouldn't cost more than $30 or so.</font color>