Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Speedometer Question??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbug1979, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

What is the name of the geared box on the side of the transfer case that the speedo cable screws into? It does have cruise and it is a th350/203tc. I unscrewed the box off the side of the TC and the little input shaft tip was broken off in the gear on the inside of the gear. I pulled the piece out and just screwed the speedo cable into it but I need to replace this part. Thanks in advance. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

3. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i forgot technical name of them also but they are to fine tune the accuracy of the speedometer gears ratio because with soem axle ratio and tire combos there was no pair of speedo gears that were completely accurate and in most combos they never are anyways, but they are real close though.

most of us probably have a few of these speedo gear boxes laying around, i know i do.

good luck

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Sounds like your gear drive key broke. Chevy part # 867209 $12.81. The key is about 1.5 in. long. One end looks square thje other has an ear on it. I had a piece stuck in the gear drive box. Drilled it out and then installed the new gear key.