Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spendin' money,need help!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jones, Mar 18, 2005.

1. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

with the main goal being torque,then HP,what would you do first?i don't want to pull the engine for a bore job just yet.i'm already running an E-BROCK Performer manifold and 500cfm carb.thats about it.the rest is a basically a stock 350,camel-hump heads,stock manifolds,and distributor.throttle response would be a good thing since it's quite the dog(but reliable at least).$1000 is the budget.all opinions are appreciated and anticipated.thank you!

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Headers would be a good start, and you could probably go with a little more than 500 CFM.

3. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

You could throw in a edelbrock performer cam kit, or maybe the Comp Cams 4x4 cam. Or you could just get the performer heads.

Later

4. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

What diff gear ratio/tire size do you have? Maybe lower gear set and some headers.

Jesse

5. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

i have 4.10's w/ 31-10.5-15's.i have headers that came with the engine but i think they're for a car.can i still use them?i also plan on going with a q-jet carb.and i can get my cam installed for cheap."rv cam and lifter set still in box.not sure of specs but it's one step above stock."that's what a guy told me about a set he'd sell me for $20 cuz he's tired of moving it around his shop when he cleans it.i told him i,d be interested if it looked in good shape and he had the cam card to show lift/duration.