Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spent $300 on my Explorer today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 14, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

On stuff I don't even have yet...

$65 Pin stripes, being installed on the 25th. I got rid of my gay pink and light blue ones, and ordered some silver barbed wire pin stripes /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Then I went to D's 4wd, ya know, the place I keep saying is a joke? Well, I ordered a nice brush guard throught them. A Wildcat, it's pretty sweet... That should arrive sometime next week...

And I'm about to go see my friend at work and prepare to get on my knees and beg him to help me get my lift kit on this weekend... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

cool, how big of a lift? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Then I went to D's 4wd, ya know, the place I keep saying is a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd stay away from D's 4WD. They royally screwed me over when I lived in Cheyenne in 2000. I swore I'd drive to Fort Collins to get work done long before I'd let they even look at my Burb. Luckily for me, I was able to use the Auto Hobby shop on base to get my work done.

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

2"... It'll do me for now. It was the cheapest and easiest to install..

Once I get out of Basic Training, though, I have some nice plans for the Exploder, including a solid front axle and 6" of lift... that is if I ever get off my ass and buy my own tools so I don't have to wait till it's convenient for other people... And I want to buy an F-350... It's probably going to be darn near a year though before I'm all trained up and getting my full time E-3 paycheck from the guard...

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Then I went to D's 4wd, ya know, the place I keep saying is a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd stay away from D's 4WD. They royally screwed me over when I lived in Cheyenne in 2000. I swore I'd drive to Fort Collins to get work done long before I'd let they even look at my Burb. Luckily for me, I was able to use the Auto Hobby shop on base to get my work done.

[/ QUOTE ]

... No one there has ever touched my Explorer... I go there and order crap and put them on myself... It's expensive as hell, but I don't always like to wait until I can get to Ft. Collins 4x4 to order crap... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i like my 350,the V-10 sucks gas but i can pass just about anything. i love when the tuner cars think they can cut me off and lose me.HA HA when i stay about a foot behind them until they give up is pretty funny. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

$65 for pin stripes? we sold a pack of like 20 feet for $4 at the store i worked at.LOL $65 they gonna put them on for ya and take off your old ones and hand ya a 12 pack or something pleasing to your manhood????

ooopps manhood.. forgot it was a ford nevermind. grape soda and a MAD magazine is better for ya,LMAO

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    $65 for pin stripes? we sold a pack of like 20 feet for $4 at the store i worked at.LOL $65 they gonna put them on for ya and take off your old ones and hand ya a 12 pack or something pleasing to your manhood????

ooopps manhood.. forgot it was a ford nevermind. grape soda and a MAD magazine is better for ya,LMAO

[/ QUOTE ]

sheeeeit... I'd rather pay $65 and have a professional do it than $20 and do it myself... You saw how my do it yourself paint job on the 91 Exploder went? Yeah, I wanted to save myself $200 so I did it myself... Never again... At least not on anything I'll be driving around every day /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

So the brush guard thing cost 235 clams /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Dont for get to call your insurance company and tell them you vehicle value is now $450 for comprehensive /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Hey.... It's $750... I have a very nice stereo system thank you very much...

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif