Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spent today workin on my new 12 bolt.....

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Zeus33rd, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Spent a few hours after work getting things prepped for when I setup the gears tommorrow. New pinion seal, wheel seals, wheel cylinders, pinion and carrier bearings. Picked up all the gaskets, 80-90, brake fluid, ect ect as well. If I'm lucky, I should have it back together and on the road by Thurs-Fri. I'v got another housing that I'm gonna use as a template to make an over the top truss. I'm NOT changing out another rear end unless it's a 14 bolt ff. The truss I'm gonna make is gonna be SOOO overbuilt. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Also gonna weld up the spiders on the old carrier for practice. I'll take pics to show ya'all what I came up with.
    Speaking of making stuff....I've been thinking about different things I could make to add to the raffle at Blazer Fest. I've got a couple of nice powder coated 12 bolt diff covers. Was thinkin about maybe makin a set of rock sliders to add to the raffle. Maybe another truss too. lol.....The skys the limit I guess.

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Cool man get the pics up later...mike

3. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Get that thing fixed. Cause you know you can't show up again with out it.

4. Zeus33rd

Dude.....You can count on me and the K5 bein there for sure. I plan on puttin it on a trailer for Blazer Fest. In case I break somethin I can't fix while I'm there. Tell ya'all somethin.....You guys are gonna get a kick outta me...I have balls of steel when it comes to wheelin. Especially when theres peole around to get me out. If LiftedAssDodge hadn't been there and I had, That would have been me buried to my doors in the mud. AND I'm not afraid of pinstripes or a couple new dents. Let the show begin!!!!

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

As much whinning he did about not having his Blazer..He can't show up with out it...LOL

6. Zeus33rd

Hey now!! I resemble that remark!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Good luck Bro!!
    Oh and I guess i'll have to pull you out too???/forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    No problem! You put on the show i'll help you repair or recover your rig!!/forums/images/icons/cool.gif!!