Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spf

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by BozoWise, May 5, 2007.

1. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146638

I have the title inhand, about 115,000 original miles. Flip the switches and drive her away.

LISTING ON EBAY SINCE THERE WAS NO SOLID INTEREST W/ MEMBERS.

Might be interested in trades for early 70's 2 wheel Chevy short/wide (can we say Dazed and Confused :) Or another Sunday driver vehicle ie. corvettes, viper, make an offer. I would even consider a driveable Jeep.

Brian.Wise@specopsbrand.com

432-923-2747

I am not sure where to really start, most everything I have done is in the buildup post. I'll tag on some of the major points of interest. This has been our family vehicle since it was new and had never had a bit of damage until I took a saw too it.

I figure that price is fair since the axels and drivelines alone would be half that price. Plus it has been on the trail once :(

* Narrowed front and rear
    * 400 small block
    * NP205 and have the 203 for a doubler
    * 14 bolt with full locker and disk brakes, DIY Cover in rear
    * Dana 60 Front with warn lock outs / open dif DIY.com cover
    * High Angle Driveline custom axels
    * ORD Crossover Steering
    * Custom rock crusher tie rod
    * Hydro assist
    * Warn 8274 w/ new pressure plates and cams
    * Brand new AM-Steel rope on the 8274
    * 52" Front Springs
    * 56" rear springs w/ DIY.com Flip
    * DIY.com tube doors
    * F250 towers front and rear with Pro Comp 15" shocks
    * Dual Yellow Top Optimas
    * Electric fans
    * Roll Cage
    * Fuel Cell
    * 38 Thornbirdes hold air :)
    * Beadlocks with a new matching spare
    * Fierro Buckets in the rear
    * Corb. Baja SS suspension seats
    * 12 volt guy switch panels
    * ORD aluminum body lift

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  2. blowedupmotor87

blowedupmotor87 1/2 ton status Premium Member

After having read your build up thread just now, I am sad to see you sell the truck after putting so much effort into it, that is one awesome ride! If I hadn't already bought my project, I would buy yours in a heartbeat! Good luck with the sale and everything!

3. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Dang, I've been following your build for awhile and that is a steal for that rig. Don't go a penny less. If it was a few months later, when I'll hopefully have more dough, I'd be trying to convince my other half we needed to make a trip to TX. ;)

4. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

Is it street legal? Do you think it will make it back to Southern California w/ out overheating issues? I am interested. Let me know.

5. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

No it is far from street legal. No taillights no turnsignals, no wipers etc. etc. I have driven it on the highway once when our tow rig broke down but I would not suggest it. This is a trial rig and setup as such.

Uhaul trailer would be my best suggestion.

6. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

I realized that it wasn't street legal when I saw the pictures of it. I should have looked at pictures first before posting up. I don't have a trailer or anything to get it over here. MAN, you have a nive freakin rig. I'm still thinking about it.

7. gpinstein

gpinstein Registered Member

Is the title a Texas title and clear in your name? Is there any wiring left for lights, wipers, signals etc.? Vehicle laws are fairly lax where I live so would it be difficult to put the required equippment in place? Is the engine carbureted? What tranny? If it were street legal, would it be reasonable to drive 100 miles plus or minus to a trail?I read through most of your post and am sure the answers to some of my questions are there somewhere. I would like to also verify you are in Lubbock Texas. Thanks, C

8. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

***I can deliver the blazer on a trailer if needed***

title is clear and inhand. It is a New Mexico title and I have not changed it to TX because it is not required if the vehicle is not driven on a public roadway. There are headlights but everything else would have to be added. Most of all the wiring was removed and replaced for ease of troubleshooting on the trail. Everything is running off the 12 volt guy switch panel and circuit breakers now.

I think the only hard part in making it street legal would be mounting a windshield wiper. I am not sure if it is required in TX but I know it is in New Mexico. I removed the wipers when I narrowed the front end.

You could cleanup the rear tailights and wire in the brake light switch again and put some simple toggels for blinkers. I would happily do the modifications to lighting for free after the sale if needed.

The bucket is sleeping soundly in my garage in Lubbock, tx. This is the main reason why I removed the 3 inch body lift and replaced it with an ORD kit. I still have to air down to fit under the door.